Junior Chef Stars is a local and independent culinary school for children and teens that provides the tools and education for their success in the culinary world. It is our mission to ensure our students have the proper training, safety skills and knowledge to create dishes that amaze and inspire those around them. Our company prides itself on our student’s accomplishments and the team work and dedication we have amongst each other to allow our students to thrive. Our employees consist of culinary teachers and office personnel; everyone having a hand in the development of our after school programs, summer camps, birthday parties and holiday themed classes. We are an outgoing, passionate, hard working, and patient, yet fast paced company who is growing and in need of someone who shares our passion to join our team. (THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OPEN POSITIONS.)
Full Time Culinary Teacher - hourly wage will be based upon experience.
We are always looking for people that are comfortable wearing many hats, thinking on their feet, working with children, and interacting with their parents and school officials in person, through email and over the phone. An individual who pays close attention to the small and large details, such as punctuality, is able to follow directions, yet is not afraid to be creative and offer up suggestions and ideas to improve the immediate class/party and overall growth of the company. And finally, of course someone who truly enjoys cooking and baking new and exciting recipes in a fun and positive environment.
Some key tasks and responsibilities would be :
· Researching and planning out recipes used for classes/parties.
· Packing materials needed for classes and being able to transport said items to and from classes; transportation plus up to date insurance and drivers license required.
· Running small to large classes/parties independently, or working with other teachers as a team; age groups range from toddlers to teens, recipe complexity also varies.
· Working in an office setting; initially as an assistant to our Program Coordinator and in time, more office based responsibilities will be shared and expected of this employee.
Work experience for the position :
· Professional culinary experience is ideal but not an absolute requirement, professional training is available through our company. We do ask that you are comfortable with and knowledgeable of cooking and baking basics, and of course enjoy being in the kitchen and are willing to grow that passion.
· Working with children in a formal setting such as, but not limited to, a Pre-school Teacher, After School Coach or Teaching Assistant.
· Using and understanding a PC computer as well as being Microsoft Word and Publisher proficient.
· Customer service based background is a must. Understanding that keeping our clientele happy and safe is above all priorities. Being able to speak with confidence, eloquence and intelligence in any situation, whether it be a difficult conversation or not.
· First Aid certified (or willing to complete a First Aid course) and up to date on all vaccines.
· No criminal record please, background check and driving record will be completed.
THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Thank you for your interest in Junior Chef Stars. All positions are currently filled. Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For more information on our company you may visit our website at www.juniorchefstars.com. Thank you for your time and interest.