We have an opening for a Full Time Culinary Teacher working with our team.
We are always looking for people that are comfortable wearing many hats, thinking on their feet, working with children, and interacting with their parents and school officials in person, through email and over the phone. Hourly wage will be based upon experience.
To be a best fit you need to be:
- Attentive to both small and large details
- Able to speak with confidence, eloquence and intelligence in any situation
- Able to follow directions, yet not afraid to be creative
- Enthusiastic with suggestions and ideas to improve the immediate class/party and overall growth of the company
- Passion for cooking and baking in a fun and positive environment
- Understanding that keeping our clientele happy and safe is above all priorities
- Researching and planning out recipes used for classes/parties
- Packing materials needed for classes and being able to transport said items to and from classes
- Transportation (up to date insurance and drivers license required)
- Running small to large classes/parties independently, or working with other teachers as a team; age groups range from toddlers to teens, recipe complexity also varies
- Working in an office setting–initially as an assistant to our Program Coordinator and in time, more office based responsibilities will be shared and expected
- Customer service based background is a must
- Professional culinary experience is ideal but not an absolute requirement, professional training is available through our company.
- Working with children in a formal setting such as, but not limited to, a Pre-school Teacher, After School Coach or Teaching Assistant
- PC Proficient
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Publisher
- Comfortable with and knowledgeable of cooking and baking basics
- First Aid certified (or willing to complete a First Aid course)
- Up to date on all vaccines
- No criminal record please, background check and driving record will be completed
About Junior Chef Stars:
Junior Chef Stars is a local and independent culinary school for children and teens that provides the tools and education for their success in the culinary world. It is our mission to ensure our students have the proper training, safety skills and knowledge to create dishes that amaze and inspire those around them. Our company prides itself on our student’s accomplishments and the team work and dedication we have amongst each other to allow our students to thrive. Our employees consist of culinary teachers and office personnel; everyone having a hand in the development of our after school programs, summer camps, birthday parties and holiday themed classes. We are an outgoing, passionate, hard working, and patient, yet fast paced company who is growing and in need of someone who shares our passion to join our team.
If you are interested, please use the form below.